Posted in

‘SNL’ actors confirmed in and out for Season 51

Lorne Michaels, the chief of “Saturday Night Live,” confirmed earlier this month that there would be a cast shakeup before the upcoming season, and this week, those changes are starting to take place. 

Let’s look at who’s in and who’s out at “SNL.”   

Devon Walker (Out)  

Devon Walker is pictured at the “SNL50: The Anniversary Special” event at 30 Rockefeller Plaza on February 16, 2025, in New York, New York. (Photo by John Nacion/Variety via Getty Images)

Comedian Devon Walker confirmed on Monday that he would be leaving the long-running show in an Instagram post.  

“Me and baby broke up,” Walker wrote, alongside a carousel of photos, including behind-the-scenes photos, and a longer statement.  “Jobs in this industry feel like a bunch of little marriages.”

Walker added that some jobs can “last for a long time if we’re lucky, but most of them are fleeting.”  

The 34-year-old was on “SNL” for three seasons, where he played New York City Mayor Eric Adams and former New York Giant and current “Good Morning America” anchor Michael Strahan.  

“Me and the show did three years together, and sometimes it was really cool,” Walker wrote. “Sometimes it was toxic as hell. But we did what we made the most of what it was, even amidst all of the dysfunction. We made a f—-d up lil family.” 

James Austin Johnson (In) 

James Austin Johnson

Comedian James Austin Johnson performs onstage during Moontower Comedy Festival at The State Theatre on April 19, 2025, in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Rick Kern/Getty Images)

Michaels, 80, did confirm that James Austin Johnson would return to the sketch comedy show, where he will continue to play President Trump.  

Johnson joined the “SNL” in 2021 for the show’s 47th season.

Emil Wakim (Out)  

Emil Wakim at SNL50: The Anniversary Special at 30 Rockefeller Plaza on February 16, 2025 in New York, New York. (Photo by John Nacion/Variety via Getty Images)

Emil Wakim announced Wednesday that he won’t be returning to the show.  

“I won’t be returning to snl next year,” Wakim wrote on Instagram. “It was a gut punch of a call to get but i’m so grateful for my time there.” 

Wakim joined the hit show for its landmark 50th season.  

He said he was at Six Flags celebrating a friend’s birthday when he received the news he wouldn’t be returning, after which he went on a “really emotional walk through bugs bunny park and stared out across daffy duck lake thinking about life.” 

“Every time I scanned into the building i would think how insane it is to get to work there,” Wakim said. “It was the most terrifying, thrilling, and rewarding experience of my life and I will miss it dearly and all the brilliant people that work there that made it feel like a home.”

Celeste Yim (Out)

Chloe Troast and Celeste Yim are pictured at The Standard on February 13, 2025, in New York, New York. (Photo by Lanna Apisukh/WWD via Getty Images)

Writer Celeste Yim posted to Instagram Sunday that they were fired from the show after five seasons.

“After five seasons, I’m leaving my job at Saturday Night Live. Lorne hired me over the phone when I was 23 and the job literally made all of my dreams come true BUT it was also grueling,” Yim wrote.

Yim, the first ever out transgender person on the show, said they slept in their office every week but that their friends were a big support for them.

“I got yelled at by random famous men BUT some famous girls too BUT I loved it and I laughed every day and it’s where I grew up,” Yim wrote.

Colin Jost and Michael Che (Unknown)

Colin Jost & Michael Che

“Weekend Update” anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che are pictured during an episode Saturday, April 5, 2025. (Photo by: Will Heath/NBC via Getty Images)

Rumors have swirled in recent weeks that Colin Jost and Michael Che would be stepping down from their duties as co-anchors of “SNL’s” “Weekend Update.”

According to Latenighter, cast member Michael Longfellow and “SNL” writer KC Shornima taped a screen test in May.

However, it appears that Longfellow himself may be done at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, as Deadline and People are reporting that he won’t be returning for Season 51.

As of Thursday afternoon, Longfellow had not posted anything publicly about the reported shakeup.